A counterpart to The Hate List, but much, much smaller. Two volumes so far of peculiar fondnesses and undervalued gems.
(Originally published on 29th January, 2007)
- One or two word phrases which sum up entire groups of contemptible people or their habits, eg. ‘rednecks’, ‘Kappa slappers’, ‘Swear-hili’.
- The way several-day-old balloons quickly deflate with a gentle squeeze.
- Girls who are from the 50s, and are really ugly, but they don’t realise, because they’re from the 50s.
(Originally published on 25th October, 2001)
- Electricity pylons – utterly and quintessentially man-made objects, supplying modern civilisation’s most distinctive and vital resource, and dominating country skylines in testimony to our supremacy.
- BBC2 weatherman Daniel Corbett – a man who loves the weather, and loves telling you about the weather.
- Mint Aero Drinks – thick, creamy, sweet, minty and chocolatey, with a colour like comic-book toxic waste, and a taste that steals your soul.