It’s time to see how I did with my 2017 New Year’s resolutions. And the answer is: very poorly.
1. Complete The Lords of Midnight.
2. Use DuckDuckGo at all times.
Status: largely passed.
DuckDuckGo is a search engine which doesn’t track you. You should use it.
3. Switch to a non-free private email provider.
4. Switch to safety razors, shaving soap and brush.
5. Switch to a better solution than takeaway coffee cups.
Status: mostly passed.
I was gifted a Keep Cup which helped me to achieve this one.
6. Watch 13 specific films.
Status: passed, barely.
I say barely because I watched the last one, Gandahar, on 1st January 2018. But I achieved the higher goal: knocking a good chunk out of the “films I want to watch” list.
I’m going to carry 1, 3 and 4 forward to 2018. A bit shamefully, this is 1’s fourth year as a resolution. I’ll carry forward 6 as well, with a new list of films.